Lemons support our health because they are rich in citric acid, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, bioflavonoids, pectin and limonene. These nutrients are known to boost our immunity and fight infections.
Lemons are also a great weight-loss tool because the nutrients contained within support digestion and cleanse the liver.
Raw Homemade Lemonade
- 2 cups cold, filtered water
- 2 tablespoons of raw local honey
- 10 drops of lemon essential oil
- 2 lemons, peeled
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (research shows cayenne may help burn calories and decrease appetite)
- 1 handful of ice
- Blend all ingredients, except ice, in a high-power blender until smooth.
- Add ice and blend again until smooth.
- Serve your homemade lemonade over ice.
Sourced from Real Farmacy, December 18, 2017